In additions to Federal HMS permit compliance regulation (http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/sfa/hms/compliance/guides/documents/hms_rec_compliance_guide_total.pdf) and the Official Mississippi State Saltwater Fishing Record Rules posted on the MDMR Website (http://www.dmr.state.ms.us/index.php/marine-fisheries/finfish/138-state-saltwater-fishing-record-rules) these additional rules and restrictions will be strictly enforced for potential record submissions:
- A valid HMS permit for the vessel is required.
- A valid Mississippi Recreational Saltwater Fishing License for the angler is required.
- Absolutely no mechanical reel assistance of any type will be allowed when fighting the fish.
- Once a fish is hooked, the use of a rod holder is forbidden.
- The use of rod belt or waist gimbal is permitted.
- Dart gaffs will be permitted for landing the fish.
- Documentation will be reviewed by MDMR staff and presented to the Commission on Marine Resources for state record consideration.